Directed by Christian Huleu
Watch Now with Streaming Subscription
Start your 14-day FREE TRIAL
Inspired by Norman Ohler’s revelatory book, Blitzed: Drugs In The Third Reich, the two-part miniseries (52 minutes each part) NAZI JUNKIES reveals how both Hitler and Nazi Germany were heavily addicted to drugs. The recently unearthed journals of Hitler’s personal doctor, Théodore Morell, suggest that the Führer was a full-fledged addict, taking an assortment of drugs including cocaine, opiates, steroids. Meanwhile, the entire nation of Germany was binging on speed. This was most prevalent on the battlefield, where the drug was systematically distributed to soldiers in order to transform the military ranks into seemingly unstoppable fighting machines.
- Norman Ohler
- "Weird slices of history distilled into a format that allows for unusual examination."
- "...this compelling two-part documentary series reveals how both Hitler and Nazi Germany were heavily addicted to drugs throughout World War II."
- "There’s no shortage of documentaries on World War II, but this two-part series takes a new approach, focusing on the Nazis’ drug use, both willing and (somewhat) unwilling. "
- "...NAZI JUNKIES, unveils the depths of German addiction in surprising fashion."
- ""Nazi Junkies" takes these arguments from history books and shares them with the audience that loves WWII documentaries."