My Love, Don't Cross that River
A blockbuster in its native Korea, where it would go on to become the country’s most successful film of all time, MY LOVE, DON’T CROSS THAT RIVER presents an unforgettable story of true love that transcends both generations and cultures. “100-year old lovebirds,” Jo Byeong-man and Kang Kye-yeol, have been inseparable companions for 76 years. Observing this fragile couple for 15 months, director Moyoung Jin acts as a fly-on-the-wall, capturing the tender moments of their twilight days - as the two face the inevitable reality that their time together will soon be approaching an end.
- Jo Byeong-man
- Kang Kye-yeol
Deleted Scenes\n\nBonus short: Ed & Pauline, directed by Christian Bruno and Natalija Vekic
Sound: Stereo 2.0 and 5.1 Surround Sound
- "...gentle, elegant and genuinely moving...MY LOVE, DON'T CROSS THAT RIVER is a wonderful documentary that tells a story of [undying] love."
- "Go and see MY LOVE, DON'T CROSS THAT RIVER: if, by its ending, it hasn't moved you to your core, you have an invulnerable heart."
- "CRITIC'S PICK. Many of the passages in this gentle film may be universal, but the love here is extraordinary."
- "Serving as a gentle reminder that enduring love is still possible, My Love, Don't Cross That River is practically the cinematic equivalent of marriage counseling."
- "The potent mix of joy and sorrow presented simply in the documentary “My Love, Don’t Cross That River” is enormously affecting, devastating in fact."
Awards & Recognition
Los Angeles Film Festival
Visions du Réel, Nyon
Special Jury Award
Millenium Int'l Documentary Film Festival
Baek Sang Art Awards
DocAviv Film Festival
Sydney Film Festival