Small, Beautifully Moving Parts
Sarah Sparks is pregnant and feeling wholly ambivalent, despite her boyfriend's pure enthusiasm. A committed tech-geek, she fears she is more interested in ultrasound technology than in what's being ultra-sounded. When her sister lures her to L.A. for what ends up being a terrorizing baby shower, Sarah keeps her rental van and hits the road in search of the source of her anxiety: her estranged mother, now living off the grid. SMALL, BEAUTIFULLY MOVING PARTS takes a comic and poignant look at one woman's coming-of-parenthood in the age of technology.
- Anna Margaret Hollyman
- Andre Holland
- Richard Hoag
- Sarah Rafferty
Bonus short: Head Stand, directed by Lisa Robinson\nBonus short: The Failure of Pamela Salt, directed by Annie J. Howell
Sound: Stereo 2.0 and 5.1 Surround Sound
- "Anna Margaret Hollyman, who plays Sarah, has the charm of Sandra Bullock or Greta Gerwig."
- "Unmistakably human in its warmth...an indie road movie that runs like clockwork!"
- "Small, Beautifully Moving Parts is quietly charming as it probes our modern anxieties about our increasing dependence on tech and whether its presence in our lives deadens us to other humans."
- "Fine performances by well-chosen players."
- "Director/writers Annie Howell and Lisa Robinson have a light touch and a remarkably winning lead actor."
Awards & Recognition
Alfred P. Sloan Feature Film Prize
Hamptons Int'l Film Festival
Fargo Film Festival
SXSW Film Festival
RiverRun Int'l Film Festival
Cleveland Int'l Film Festival