Misako is a passionate writer of film versions for the visually impaired. At a screening, she meets Nakamori, an older photographer who is slowly losing his eyesight. Misako soon discovers Nakamori’s photographs, which will strangely bring her back to her past. Together, they will learn to see the radiant world that was invisible to her eyes.
- "A true gem of a film: a subtle, moving, abstract and emotional exploration of the experience of sensory impairment."
- "Gentle and delicate, touching and open-hearted."
- "A poignant vision of the power of sight."
- "A finespun exploration of beauty, impermanence and loss. Typically delicate and as gentle as a balm...."
- "A luminous a piece of filmmaking."
Awards & Recognition
Prize of the Ecumenical Jury
Cannes Film Festival
Rotterdam Int'l. Film Festival
Valladolid Int'l. Film Festival
Toronto Int'l. Film Festival
Mill Valley Film Festival