(Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies
It's human nature to lie, we all do it! Inspired by the work of celebrated behavioral economist Dan Ariely, (Dis)Honesty - The Truth About Lies interweaves personal stories, expert opinions, behavioral experiments, and archival footage to reveal the complicated truths about why we lie.
- "Social scientists and armchair psychologists alike will find a lot to like and learn from this film."
- "There are important human insights here with practical implications for public policy."
- "No fibbing - this accessible, entertaining peek at why we lie, what the mental processes are and what such dishonesty achieves is utterly fascinating."
- ""(Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies" takes a pointed look at the ways, big and small, that deceit infuses and often determines our life course."
- "Bestselling academic Dan Ariely is our guide through the science and psychology of fibbing in Yael Melamede's entertaining documentary."
Awards & Recognition
Full Frame Documentary Film Festival
Hod Docs Int'l. Documentary Festival
Montclair Film Festival